Sunday, November 8, 2009

BILL PLYMPTON

This past weekend, we had the privilege of going to Bill Plympton's master class at SCAD, because he was featuring his new animation at the Savannah Film Festival. It was a great lecture on many things, but mostly on how to be a successful independent animator. Basically he said keep your films 1.) short 2.) cheap 3.) make it funny. I also agree with his general outlook on animation, in that he loves to make people laugh, and he says you do this through observation in life and taking normal characters and putting them into odd situations. Through my thesis research I have found many others who have the same philosophy of comedy and I hope to explore and develop these ideas myself. Anyway, here are a few pictures of Bill and it was nice to get his autograph a couples times too.


No comments: