Friday, September 26, 2008

Something Refreshing

I also wanted to share with everyone this clip that I found in the forum for this month's eleven second club competition. I find it very refreshing that this individual filmed himself as reference footage, and you totally get a better sense of character and what is going on the scene while watching it. My suggestion to you is to go and watch some of the other works in progress and see some of the subtleties that are missing and that you can clearly see in this reference footage.



I want to add that by diving into the characters within the scene, filming ourselves in their positions, and then referencing our footage, we can all make our animations that much stronger. This clip definitively pushes me to work with these methods in my work too.

For better tips on acting, check out Tom Jech's blog and his posts on thinking about acting within one's scene. TOM'S POST ON SUBTEXT / TOM'S POST ON BEING ORIGINAL

1 comment:

Brian said...

Good insights. I've updated a bunch of stuff on my blog, including URL, so check it out real fast. My goal is to try and check everyone else's blogs regularly as well as keeping mine updated. Hopefully between all of us we can share some good info and really help each other. I'm now at http://nixonbt.blogspot.com